Today we are going to tell you details about ayushman bharat yojana or we can call itas Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Its one or the same thing as just name has been changed for the scheme.
This scheme is run by central government launched in 2018.
Its a umbrella scheme to “Health and Wellness centres” and “National Health Protection Scheme(NHPS)”.
Currently Indu Bhushan is CEO of the scheme along with Dr Dinesh Arora as deputy CEO.
Ayushman Bharat is formed by combining multiple mission like Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, Senior citizen health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS) and the National Health Policy.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana consists of two main components
- First creation of 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centres which will bring health care closer to the homes of the people. These centres will provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC), covering both maternal and child health services and non-communicable diseases, including free essential drugs and diagnostic services. The first Health and Wellness Centre was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister at Jangla, Bijapur, Chhatisgarh on 14 April 2018.
- The second component is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) which provides health protection cover to poor and vulnerable families.
Key Features of PM-JAY
- Provides hospitalisation cover of up to Rs. 5,00,000 per entitled family per year
- More than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) covered across the country.
- Entitlement based scheme. No formal enrollment process is required.
- Poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational category of urban workers’ families as per the latest Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data, both rural and urban will be covered. In addition, all enrolled families under Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojana (RSBY) that do not feature in the targeted groups as per SECC data will be included as well.
- No cap on family size and age of members.All members of designated families get coverage; specifically, girl child and senior citizens.
- Covers secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
- Free treatment available at all public and empanelled private hospitals.
- Cashless and paperless access to quality health care services.
- Benefits of national portability. Eligible beneficiaries can avail services across India.
- 1,350 medical packages covering surgery, medical and day care treatments, cost of medicines and diagnostics.
- All pre-existing diseases covered.
- To check eligibility, beneficiaries can contact the helpline (14555/1800111565),visit nearest Common Service Centres (CSC)or logon to https://mera.pmjay.gov.in.This can also be checked at empanelled hospitals.
There is no such eligibility except your name should be in SECC 2011 list, which you can check from below link.
If your name is not there you will not became beneficiary for the scheme.